Now that the holiday season has come to an end, it’s time to settle in because the cold is here to stay for a few months. This recipe has the warm comfort food feeling with all of the flavor you are looking for in the winter. Pasta, especially homemade pasta, is my favorite comfort food. I made this recipe one night for dinner and absolutely loved it. I posted pictures on my Instagram story and got several requests for this recipe.
It is a fairly simple recipe if you don’t make your own pasta, I did, so it took a lot longer than if you purchase pasta pre-made. If you would like to make your own pasta from scratch click here for my recipe. If you do make the pasta from scratch give yourself an extra 2-3 hours, maybe it doesn’t take other people this long to make fresh pasta, but it took me a minute to get it figured out.
This dish has so many fresh ingredients and flavors. It may be my new favorite recipe. In the future I will probably make fresh pasta a head of time. As I’ve gotten older I have really started appreciate the flavors that fresh ingredients add to a dish.
While I have definitely used the store bought shredded cheese and the dehydrated herbs to make dinner, when I didn’t have the chance to buy fresh supplies, using fresh ingredients makes such a difference! I have turned my boyfriend onto using and experimenting with herbs with different meats, pastas, veggies, you name it…
This recipe will give you the fresh taste of summer with the warm pasta for the comfort you need in the cold winter. I am sure that you will love it!
Garlic & Herb Roasted Carbonara
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 Pints Cherry Tomatoes (I used the Constellation tomatoes by Nature Sweet)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil and Oregano Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 4 Oz. Thinly Sliced Prosciutto
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese Freshly Grated
- 1/4 Cup Parsley Chopped
- 1 Lb. Fettuccine Pasta
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 8 Oz. Container Burrata Cheese
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place tomatoes, 2 tbsp of Basil/Oregano mixture, and 2 cloves of garlic in a 9 x 13 pan. Drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste and toss together until all of the tomatoes are covered in oil and herbs. Add the prosciutto to the pan and bake at 400°F for 10-15 min or until the prosciutto is crispy and tomatoes have started to collapse.
- Beat eggs in a large serving bowl. Mix Parmesan and parsley in with the eggs.
- Boil pasta until al dente. Once the pasta is done, take 1/4 cup of the pasta water and put aside. Drain the rest of the water.
- Add the hot pasta to the egg mixture, toss quickly to avoid the eggs from scrambling. Once the eggs have thickened, add in pasta water and mix.
- Add in the baked tomato and prosciutto mixture and gently toss.
- Divide onto plates, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with ripped pieces of Burrata cheese to taste, I like a lot of cheese so I added a lot! Garnish with dill.
- Dig in!
What is your favorite comfort food/pasta recipe? If you try this recipe out, let me know what you think!
This is my take on a recipe I found from Half Baked Harvest.
2 responses to “GARLIC & HERB-ROASTED CARBONARA”
Oh my goodness this looks so yummy, I’m going to have to try it!! Im obsessed with pasta. Thanks so much for sharing! Im just getting into blogging and love finding people with similar interests as me! xoxo 🙂
Is so easy and so delicious, I’m a pasta fiend! Let me know if you try it out!! 🙂