If you live in the Midwest (like I do) or anywhere it gets below freezing in the winter, you are probably like me and take any chance to have cozy days inside by the fire with a warm mug of (insert your favorite beverage here). I have only ever had Hot Buttered Rum once when I visited Colonial Williamsburg, it was pretty good. This recipe definitely isn’t the same but it’s just as tasty.
I will include the full detailed recipe in this post below, but for now, here is my account of making hot buttered rum. There aren’t many tips I need to add to this recipe as it’s very easy to make. However, I would recommend serving with a spoon as some of the spices settle to the bottom after a while.
If you don’t end up using all of the drink mixture you can save in the freezer for a later date! This recipe makes about 6-8 servings; it was quick and very easy to make (my favorite kind of recipe).
If you use different ingredients or have any tips to add feel free to leave me a comment!
What you will need:
- 1/4 c. Butter, Softened
- 1/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 c. Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 c. Vanilla Ice Cream, softened
- Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- Whipped Cream
- Nutmeg and Cinnamon
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar together. Next, stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the softened ice cream and beat.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of drink mixture in each serving mug. Add rum, (1 shot/ 1 oz. = 1 serving). Add 3/4 cup of boiling water and stir together.
- Garnish with whipped cream and spices.