Homemade pizza is the best kind of carb! I love the cheese and all of my favorite toppings, lately I have been all about olives and mushrooms on my pizza. I am slowly acclimating myself to cream cheese, I feel like its a great addition to make the pizza extra cheesy and creamy. You can edit this recipe however you’d like, but this is how I make my own Italian Loaf pizza (you can also use french bread, but I happened to have this loaf on hand). This recipe only takes about 15-20 minutes since you don’t have to deal with making a pizza dough, which is awesome because you don’t have to wait as long to eat!
The secret to the best pizza is to brush the bread with olive oil, completely covering all sides, and toast the bread before adding any toppings or sauce. Toasting the bread makes it extra crispy and helps avoid soggy bread pizza that often happens with homemade pizzas, trust me… no one likes soggy bread.
Scroll down for the recipe. Let me know in the comments if you have any tricks you use when making homemade pizza!
Italian Loaf Pizza (Serves 4)
What you will need:
- Italian Loaf or French Bread
- Olive Oil
- Pizza Sauce
- 32 oz Shredded Mozzarella
These are optional and you can add other items as you’d like.
- 1 lb Mild Sausage (browned)
- 1 can Olives (Sliced)
- Fresh Spinach
- 1 pkg. Fresh Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450°. Slice bread in about 1 in. thick, coat each side of every slice and place on tray. Cook for about 4 min. or until bread is toasted.
- Layer pizza sauce on each slice and add a thick layer of cheese.
- Add oregano and basil, then add all of your pizza toppings and put another layer of cheese on top. This top layer will help to keep your toppings from falling off later.
- Cook your pizza in oven at 450° for 4-6 min. or until cheese has melted and is a toasted light brown.